FLASHARK Downpipe Exhaust For 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 BMW 3 Series M3, 4 Series M4 - S55 Engines
FLASHARK's downpipes are designed to seamlessly fit in place of your restrictive stock downpipes, which are situated immediately after your catalytic converters. Upgraded downpipes provide great increases in horsepower and torque on turbocharged vehicles by allowing exhaust gasses to flow easier as they leave the turbo. The high-quality exhaust manifold can improve the exhaust air flow rate and ensure you have a better driving experience.
BMW 3 Series, Type F80
M3 Sedan, 317kW
BMW 4 Series, - Coupe, - Convertible, Type F82, F83
M4 models, 317- 368kW
Only fits F80/F82/F83 chassis
Brand Name: FLASHARK
Application: Exhaust Down Pipe
Material: Stainless Steel
Surface: Mirror Polish
Type: 3 Inch Downpipe for BMW M3/M4 S55 engines
1. Improve Engine Output and Efficiency, Give you an extra HPs, and increases torque
2. Large diameter and free flow tubing for unrestricted flow, Making the exhaust air flow smooth, Designed for high-performance racing
3. Made of High-Quality 16-gauge T-304 Stainless Steel with Computerized Mandrel-Bends
4. All joints are TIG welded to prevent cracking and wear
5. CNC Machine Flange for MAX Strength and Durability
6. Flanges chrome plated for corrosion resistance
What does a Downpipe do?
The downpipe on your turbocharged vehicle is directing the exhaust gases out of the turbine housing into the exhaust system. An aftermarket downpipe will typically be larger in diameter and either use a high-flowing catalytic converter or remove the catalytic converter altogether.
By removing the factory downpipe and replacing it with a high-flowing unit you are allowing the turbo to move gases away from the turbine which creates more power. Since the factory restrictions are now gone you can increase the boost on the vehicle as the factory downpipe is a choking point for performance.