- 2017-2022 L5P 6.6L Duramax Diesel GMC Sierra 2500 3500 HD
- 2017-2022 L5P 6.6L Duramax Diesel Chevrolet Silverado 2500 3500 HD
Crew cab short bed & crew cab long bed. This will not fit the 3500/4500/5500 Cab & Chassis commercial-style truck.
Exhaust Material: T-409 stainless steel. Unlike T-304 Stainless it's still magnetic. So if you testing to see if you actually got stainless; beware that a magnet will still stick to it.
Inlet Diameter: 4.0"/5.0"
4.0 inches or 5.0 inches?
The choice of 4 inches and 5 inches is determined by customer needs. The price of 5 inches is higher, and the displacement and performance will be greatly improved.
With or without Muffler?
Removing the muffler will improve the performance of the engine, but it may cause a loud noise, which depends on the customer's needs.
409 Stainless Steel Material
All of the Flashark DPF delete pipes are made of stainless steel 409, which has better durability than aluminized Steel.
What is the DPF and is it worth doing a DPF Delete?
Most post-2007 diesel vehicles are fitted with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) for emissions reasons, however, there are a few disadvantages to this device; including constant maintenance and repairs.
Because the DPF clogs up, it increases backpressure. Due to this pressure, the fuel flow is hugely disturbed and slowed down. Therefore, when you remove this filter, the fuel flows much easier and faster, increasing the overall fuel mileage.
Install takes about 1hr with basic hand tools done on the ground of your driveway or garage. Quicker if you have an automotive-style lift. Cutting maybe required to fit shorter wheelbase bed/cab configurations. Clamps, hangers and hardware are included. You may have to re-use some factory hardware.
Tuner Required: Removal of the DPF, CAT, SCR, and/or DOC involves removing and eliminating emission-related sensors. A DPF delete capable tuner is required to prevent any check engine light or diagnostic trouble codes from setting.
Benefits: Expect to see a significant increase in fuel mileage. If your DPF is plugged up your probably averaging about 13-14 mpg. More or less depends on the severity of the restriction. After deleting the DPF/CAT expect to get a combined mileage of 18-19 mpg.
- It removes the need to service the DPF at regular intervals (cleaning, replacement)
- A DPF delete will remove the possibility of a DPF failure which could cause expensive diesel repairs
- Due to less exhaust backpressure, the DPF delete increases exhaust flow and therefore increases the performance of your motor!
- Paired with an ECU remap, the DPF delete is proven to increase power and torque for all vehicles