When night comes, can your car light up your way home? Because the headlights are dimmed and their life span is over, maybe you are still walking alone in the dark, maybe one day when you are traveling, you suddenly find that your headlights turn black, then you will be in danger. Headlights are the "eyes" of a car and one of the indispensable safety configurations for vehicles at night. Therefore, every driver and car owner should understand the basic headlight health, maintenance and replacement knowledge. We need to replace the headlight bulbs in time. Because the replacement cost of headlight bulbs is quite low, you can finish the work as soon as possible and get on the road again to drive safely.
Classification of headlights
1. Halogen lamp; low cost, simple structure, strong penetrating power; the color of the light is yellowish, and the service life is relatively short
2. Xenon lamp; high price, complex structure; brightness is more than 300% higher than that of halogen lamp, and its life is longer
3. LED headlights; high price, not easy to repair; high brightness, small size, long life, energy saving and environmental protection
4. Laser headlights; developed on the basis of LED headlights, but the price is very expensive
Although the most common type of headlights on the market today is still halogen bulbs, automotive LED headlights are gradually occupying the market by virtue of their advantages, and halogen bulbs are slowly being replaced by more efficient LED headlights.
Why do you need to upgrade your car headlights？
1. Increase the life of the car lights and reduce the occurrence of car lamp failures.
2. The original lamp of the vehicle is an unqualified original bulb, the wattage and brightness are not enough, the color temperature is too low, and the light is yellowish, which makes the vehicle owner's vision blurry at night.
3. Newer bulbs are reasonably priced and have a long service life, thereby providing the highest value.
4. LED and HID bulbs are better than halogen lamps, and it is easier to see other cars and roads at night.
5. The new headlights mean less eye fatigue, because the clear and clear beam has uniform light, which improves the safety of driving at night and reduces the difficulty of driving at night.
6. Replacing the headlight is a relatively easy-to-operate item, and the replacement cost is low.
7. A pair of new car lights make the car cooler, more individual and unique.
How to choose the best headlight bulb for your car？
1. The service life of headlights
The corresponding service life of the headlamp of the headlamp determines the service life of the headlamp.
2. Is it too bright or unsafe to drive?
Is strong light best for night lighting? It is a good thing to light up street lights like during the day. Because bright headlights are more advanced and therefore more expensive, it costs more. But it will not last long, because strong light will shorten the life of the headlamp. The glare can dazzle the eyes and cause nighttime accidents.
Is strong light best for night lighting? Bright headlights can clearly illuminate the road ahead, but the cost is higher, and because strong light will shorten the life of the headlights, the duration is short, and the high brightness of the headlights will also cause oncoming cars. Short-term blindness is prone to night accidents.
3. The whiteness of the headlights
At a lower cost, the headlamps with the best whiteness as high-end cars can be obtained. White light provides the best lighting for night driving.
4. How many watts is the headlight bulb?
Check the output power of the headlamp in watts. The larger the watt, the larger the lumens, but too much will make the electrical system strain. It is best to get something with sufficient wattage and good brightness.
5. What is the Kelvin rating of the headlight bulb?
Choose a headlight with a Kelvin of 3800 to 4000 K to get a white headlight! Any higher or lower, it will look different from white. Look at the Kelvin levels, because they determine what the headlights will emit.
Some basic knowledge of LED headlights
1. Why do many LED headlights come with a cooling fan?
Although the LED is a cold light source, but the LED light does not radiate heat, the lamp beads and components will still generate heat. Due to poor heat dissipation solutions, many LED headlight manufacturers cannot increase the LED power, generally only about 20W. The power directly determines the brightness of the light. Therefore, many LED headlights on the market have poor lighting effects. Good LEDs are large. The lamp brand will ensure temperature control through a cooling fan with a ball bearing, a heat sink and a fan, and then use high power to achieve higher lamp brightness. FLASHARK high-power LED headlights use lamp body finned heat dissipation, external turbine heat dissipation, dual heat dissipation, greatly improve the life of the LED, and truly achieve full temperature control.
2. How about the power consumption of LED headlights? How bright is it?
Now FLASHARK LED headlights can achieve 40W. Ordinary halogen headlights are about 50W-60W. Although LED is only 40W, its brightness can reach 5000 lumens, halogen headlights are only about 1500 lumens, and the brightness of xenon headlights is generally only 3500 lumens. (Lumen, a unit of luminous flux. Describes luminous intensity)
3. Are the models of LED bulbs the same for different models?
It's not the same, but don't worry. FLASHARK will produce matching LED headlights based on most car light models on the market. The mainstream car lamp models are H1, H4, H7, H8, H9, H11, 9005, 9006, 9012, etc. If you need to know whether your car can be equipped with LED headlights, you can contact us to inquire about the corresponding model.
4. The lamp holder has no lens, will it be dazzling, astigmatism, low beam like high beam after changing to LED?
The lens is a convex lens in the lamp holder, which can condense the light. The lamp holder with lens does not need a lamp tile to condense the light.
The advantages of lens headlights: among the car lights, the light shape of the lens lamp cap is the most standard, which can have obvious light and dark cutting lines, which solves the problem of astigmatism. Xenon lamps are used with standard lenses. This kind of mirror belongs to For optical mirrors, we call it "lens." Compared with headlamps with traditional lamp caps, the headlights with lens-type lamp caps have the advantages of uniform brightness, strong penetrating power, and less light loss.
5. After replacing the headlights, is it easy for water to enter the lamp holder?
At present, the sealing method of headlights is basically rubber ring or rubber cover sealing, and a certain part of the headlight socket will be reserved by the original factory. The main reason for the fogging of the headlights is that the rubber cover or rubber ring is not tightened or the cover is tightened when the bulb is tightened. The phenomenon of water and fog has nothing to do with the replacement of the bulb itself.